In the 12th round of the Serbian Super League, Vojvodina will play against Zlatibor in Užice on Sunday. After the placement in the Round of 16 of the Serbian Cup, the red and whites want a good result in the league as well, which they will try to achieve against the club that is participating in our most elite football rank for the first time this season.
According to the words of the assistant coach of Vojvodina, Dragan Šarac, the goal of the red and whites is to keep the second place on the table with the victory in Užice.
– We went further in the Cup, but that match is already in the archives. Against Zlatibor, we will give the maximum and try to win three new points in order to stay in second place, together with Partizan, which has the same number of points as us – says Šarac.
This season, Vojvodina is achieving variable results in the league away, considering that it has achieved three victories, one draw and two defeats in six games.
– We had a drop in our performance for three or four games in a row, and in some situations we showed a little deconcentration. Against Novi Pazar, in the first 25 minutes we did not use three or four hundred percent chances, and then we conceded some school goals, as small children. We received three goals in 10 minutes and got into trouble. We will try to neutralize our shortcomings and, this time, use our chances – Šarac points out.
The health bulletin in the team of Vojvodina before this match is quite satisfactory.
– Except for goalkeeper Simić, all other players are healthy. Simić is still injured and has not yet returned to training 100 percent, but we expect that he will soon join the work with the team – notes Šarac.
On Wednesday, Vojvodina won a place in the Round of 16 of the Serbian Cup, with a victory in Rumenka over the home team Jedinstvo, which competes in the Vojvodina League.
– For the fourth rank of the competition, I think that Jedinstvo is a good and quality team. They showed firmness and aggression against us and it was not easy for us. As in previous matches, it happened to us that we did not use the first two or three chances, so we entered the second half with a “negative” result of 0-0. However, thanks to the changes that the boss made at half time, we managed to rise above that and place in the Round of 16 – says Šarac.
Voša played against Jedinstvo with many players who play slightly less this season.
– The boss has given all the players a chance in the games so far, and it will probably be the same in the future. Of course, it all depends on the opponent. I think that there is almost no player in the team who did not get the opportunity to play this season – Šarac points out.
However, it is expected that the red and whites will play against Zlatibor in the strongest possible lineup.
– Objectively, we have 16-17 good players and whoever of them plays, if he gives 100 percent, there is no big difference. The most important thing is that we have a good atmosphere and that we function according to the principle “all for one – one for all”, and I think that this is reflected on the pitch. We had problems against Javor and Novi Pazar, which should not happen to us. However, sometimes you have such a day that you miss a lot of chances and then you get punished – said Šarac.
The match between Zlatibor and Vojvodina will be played on Sunday at the City Stadium in Užice, starting at 2 pm, with a live broadcast on Novosadska TV. Due to the current epidemiological situation, the match will be played without the presence of spectators.