Last weekend Uroš Nikolić, and this weekend – Nikola Čumić.
The debutants in the jersey of Vojvodina could not even imagine a better start in the jersey of the Old Lady. After a long break in the last round, Uroš Nikolić entered the game and scored a goal to confirm the triumph over Radnički (3-0), while Nikola Čumić arrived in Novi Sad on Thursday, made his debut on Sunday and scored two goals, the second of which was the triumph in injury time.
– Honestly, if I had dreamed and fantasized, I could not have imagined such a beginning. Two goals, the second one for the win in stoppage time, I’m really overjoyed – Nikola Čumić started the story.
He signed for Vojvodina on Thursday, he did two training sessions, but that was enough to fit in.
– I didn’t even spend three days in Novi Sad, I did two training sessions with the team, and everyone accepted me in such a way that I have the impression that I have been here for a year. I want to thank all the people at the club, the coaching staff and the players, because with their hospitality they also influenced my mood and confidence when I entered the field. The team is made up of a group of great guys and it’s a real pleasure to share the dressing room with them. If it wasn’t for their help on and off the field, I wouldn’t have scored goals either. I also liked Novi Sad as a city, for the little I saw, and I really found myself since I came to Vojvodina. The fans are great, their support led us and I hope that there will be an increasing number of fans in the stands. I feel incredible positive energy at every step – said Čumić.
Čumić helped Vojvodina continue their unbeaten streak, and he hopes it will last for a long time.
– I think that we have a very high-quality team, made up of experienced and young players, that we are the right group and that everyone knows their task. Now the most important thing is to stay on the ground, to continue working, to all strive towards the set goals. The dream of all of us is for Vojvodina to secure participation in Europe next season, a performance in the group stage of a competition, and even to join the fight for the title if we get the chance, but we have to go step by step. It is not without reason that it is said that every next rival is the most important, and that is why we have to go match by match, win by win, with both feet on the ground – pointed out Čumić.
Radnički and Voždovac are just preludes to a series of difficult matches that follow. Voša visits Čukarički and welcomes Javor before the national team break, and then the most difficult challenges follow in October – away games to Partizan and Novi Pazar, between TSC at Karađorđe and then on October 19 the late derby with Red Star, but Čumić is most pleased with such games.
– We have a series of difficult matches, but such matches make me the most happy. Just like this one against Voždovac, who play beautiful football and really all credit to them in the game. Now we are going to visit Čukarički, which is another good and experienced team, then we have the unpleasant Javor. After the break, there will be a series of derbies – Partizan, TSC, Novi Pazar, Red Star, but for the players there is nothing better than big games that fill stadiums. If we want to make it to the group stage of a European competition, we need to win big games and show that we can handle any rival. I would like Novi Sad to be our fortress and that we always take the lead at Karađorđe – said Čumić.
He believes that the team’s international break will come at the right moment, especially for him who has just arrived, but also for Filip Malbašić who will recover and return to the team.
– I believe that the upcoming break after Čukarički and Javor will come at the right moment. My teammates have played a large number of games and it might be useful for us to freshen up, along the way Malbašić will also return, who will help us a lot. Above all, I think that this break is important for me and him. Let him recover, and let me take all the demands that are expected of me and let’s wait for those derbies after the break as ready as possible – concluded Nikola Čumić.