Vojvodina coach Milan Rastavac summed up his impressions after the general rehearsal and victory over Shakhtar Karagandy.
The Old Lady played another excellent game and deservedly beat Shakhtar 2-1.
– I am most satisfied with the fact that we managed to prepare a large number of players for the start of the championship. The absence of individuals, on the other hand, helped us to prepare with a large number of players against sufficiently high-quality rivals where some flaws and insecurities can be seen immediately. We played a good game today, especially in the first half, and it’s a shame that we didn’t score another goal because there were certainly opportunities. Unfortunately, there is another missed penalty and I hope that with this third one we are done with misses. I’m also happy that we didn’t have any major injuries and that everyone is ready for the start of the championship – said Rastavac.
He does not agree with the comments that Voša “got into a good shape too early during the preparations”.
– I don’t have that feeling, nor am I afraid of anything. I think we are close to the right form and that everything is going in its own time. Now, upon our return, we will freshen up and rest a bit, and I expect everything to be as it should be at the start of the championship – said Rastavac.
The plan for returning to Novi Sad has not yet been defined.
– First we need to find out the exact start date of the championship, that is our reference point, and then we have to adapt to the weather conditions upon our return. The most important thing is that we did this basic part properly, now everything else will be much easier – Rastavac added.
Coach of Voša does not hide that he would like to get another reinforcement before the end of the transfer window.
– I always think about reinforcements, but we also have to see what our budget is – says Rastavac.
He also answered the question about the form of Dejan Zukić, who imposed himself on these preparations.
– Zukić is maturing in that position and some positive and good sides are visible more than some flaws. I think there is an evident difference between that Zukić from the autumn part of the championship and this one now during the winter preparations – Rastavac points out.
Finally, he announced what Voša fans can expect in the second part of the season.
– I think we act much more prepared after these preparations. I think that we will be a shade better and that we will continue to progress, that is our goal, our path and way of thinking – Rastavac concluded.