After a break of several weeks, Vojvodina continues the competition in the Mozzart Bet Super League of Serbia on Saturday, in a big derby at the Rajko Mitić stadium against Red Star.
The derby between Red Star and Vojvodina will be dedicated to the former, celebrated national team member Siniša Mihajlović, who as a member of the second championship generation, inscribed his name in golden letters in the rich history of the Old Lady.
On this occasion, Vojvodina players will play in jerseys with the image of Siniša Mihajlović in this match, and the same jerseys will later be auctioned, where all proceeds from the sale will be directed to the treatment of little Miloš Ćelap from Novi Sad, a seven-year-old boy who is ill from leukemia and who needs a bone marrow transplant as soon as possible.
In addition, the players of the Old Lady will also run on the field before the game in T-shirts with the image of Siniša Mihajlović, which will then be on sale from Monday in the MURKE sport shop at SPENS (Sutjeska 2).
Coach Milan Rastavac expressed his satisfaction that the championship is finally starting, after a long break.
– We are happy that the championship continues, because we train and work for those games, and this first one is just a treat. Visiting Red Star is something from which we can only gain something. Of course, Red Star is the favorite, that is not in dispute, but we see our chance in being able to present something new that we did not succeed in during the autumn part. We worked hard on those things during the preparation and now we believe we can demonstrate it. We also feel an obligation to our fans, but also to Siniša Mihajlović, to be representative in this match. It won’t be easy, Red Star has its strengths and qualities, and that’s why our complete team edition is needed. I believe that in the second part of the season we will show more than in the fall – said Rastavac.
He also emphasized the importance of having almost the entire team at his disposal from start to finish during these preparations.
– I believe that it will mean a lot to us, because this situation is now much more favorable for us than this year’s. This mostly refers to the fact that we were now able to expand our repertoire, to play some reserve variants and other options, which we may need in matches. Whoever followed our games during the preparations could have noticed that already – said Rastavac.
Jovan Milošević will have a more significant role in the second part of the season, coach of Voša confirmed, noting that the Old Lady has no obligation to Stuttgart, his next club.
– We have no obligations towards him. We plan to use Jovan Milošević to the extent that he can contribute to the team’s results. It’s a healthy relationship, both for us and for him, and that’s the starting point. I believe that Milošević will play a lot of games in the second part of the season, because he deserves it with his quality, since he showed in the preparatory period that Vojvodina can count on him – stressed Rastavac.
The Manager of Vojvodina spoke highly of the qualities of Red Star.
– You can only surprise Red Star. Red Star has its fluctuations in form, but it always retains their extreme individual quality, which is extremely pronounced, especially in our championship. The fact that they have certain problems in some segments of the game can be our chance, but not a guarantee. However, I want to look at us, I believe in what we did and I believe even more in what we will do – says Rastavac.
Voša has certain personnel problems, but Rastavac believes that the team that will play will be competitive enough.
– We are not completely complete, we have two sick players, namely Busnić and Vukčević, as well as two slightly injured players. We are in a good enough squad to be able to play well against Red Star. Part of the game and the plan will not depend only on us. We want to put Red Star under control, by not allowing them to play and run away and by trying to endanger them, because they don’t like to suffer that – concluded Milan Rastavac with the last answer that at this moment he would be “happy with third place at the end of the season”.
The match Red Star – Vojvodina is scheduled for Saturday at 4 pm, with a live broadcast on the Arena sport premium 1 channel.